Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yet Another Bead Table Wednesday

This past week I actually did get around to making some beads. Yay! Claire Maunsell posted a great tutorial over on her blog, the next bend, on making her hollow strata beads. I have had fun trying her technique the past few days. Here's the first one I made. Top view:


Here's a side view showing the layers:


I used phthalo blue to stain/highlight the bead, but don't think I'm too crazy about how it turned out. Way too intense. I had to sand quite a bit to remove as much colour as I wanted with the result that my bead became more smooth and shiny than I planned, especially after polishing. You may need to click on the pictures to see the shininess. Here's the other side:


I have others that aren't quite camera ready yet. I'll post those here or on my Flickr account as soon as I'm able. Bye for now.

No comments: