Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Waaahhh!!

Well, I seem to have hurt my wrists and maybe hands. This is very distressing. I kept waking up in the middle of the night with numbness in my hands. It started with just part of my right hand, then progressed to the whole hand, then my left hand as well. At first I thought I was just sleeping in a funny position, making my hand and/or fingers "go to sleep", but after several nights of that, I knew it had to be more. Plus, I was having a lot of pain, from my fingertips all the way up to my armpits! I noticed that the numbness would go away if I kept my wrists straight, so I thought, "Oh no! Carpal Tunnel Syndrome!"

As it turns out, I was wrong, not Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. It's a different nerve condition that has multiple causes, one of which is repetitive movement. So the doctor thinks I have injured my wrists/hands in some way to cause this. Maybe through repetitive movement, maybe something else. I have to get a tests run in a week or two. :(



The really sucky part is that I've been unable to do my art! And I have orders!!! After wearing the splints for days and nights non-stop and taking massive doses of anti-inflammatories, they are beginning to feel somewhat better, so I'm going to attempt finishing my orders on Thursday. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Claire Maunsell said...

So sorry! Hope you feel better soon...

SuziCQ said...

Thank you, Claire!