Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday, for the First Time

Inspired by Claire Maunsell's "Bead Table Wednesday" post last week, I decided to check further into what Bead Table Wednesday was all about. I had seen it referenced before, but without really looking into it. I like the idea of showing what's on your table beadwise. I never feel like I have enough beads on hand when I need them. The result is that I'm slowed down when I need a bead or beads and have to stop and make some, or worse yet, go buy some. So I decided to join the group. Maybe this will encourage me to make beads more often or buy them when I'm buying other supplies.


These are some beads I made awhile back. I made a prototype of the big focal bead first, then refined it with this version. Then I thought if I made it into a pendant, I should have some beads for earrings. Then I just made a few more, But now I can't decide exactly how I want to use them. In a configuration like this, with some of the small red and black beads between?


Or do I want to drill them vertically and dangle them? Or use the the focal bead by itself with some of the smaller beads on a bracelet?

Oh, decisions, decisions!

2 comments:

Claire Maunsell said...

I love these beads, left a comment on your Flickr posting....then I skip over to read your blog and see my name. My goodness, I don't know if I've ever inspired someone with a post before. Thanks for writing about it...

SuziCQ said...

You're so welcome, and thank you for your comments also. I only found your blog awhile back (through Polymer Clay Daily), your work is lovely. However, I must admit to being mystified as to how you get things hollow...