Monday, May 16, 2011

Brass, Copper, Bone (and a short rant)

This past weekend I didn't really do a lot in my studio. I still had a lot of pain from my treatment on Wednesday, particularly in my hands. So mostly just busywork, but I did make this. I imagine this to be a small collection of little trinkets a world traveller might have collected in his or her wanderings, a lucky number 13, an ancient brass pyramid of uncertain origin, and a carved and inlaid bone heart.


I had fun experimenting with faux treatments/looks and patinas. However, I can't seem to get a decent photo of this piece. I'll have to try again tomorrow with the good camera (the battery's dead today), they are a bit better if you click on them though.


Now for the rant. You don't have to read this part if you don't want. I'll keep it short. This is how much it cost to fill my car with gas the other day. This makes me angry. Oil prices are down, but gas prices keep going up! Grrrr! And that's all I'm saying 'cause this isn't that kind of blog.


Happy creating!

No comments: